This Is the Best Health Tip Ever.
Keep your hands clean with effective hand washing!
Keeping your hands clean is one of the most important steps you and your family can take to avoid getting sick and/or spreading your germs around. The Center for Disease Control calls hand washing a vaccine you can give yourself and those in your environment. I think this is the best tip ever for your health and well-being.
Washing your hands is simple however there is a technique to be followed. Here it is:
1. Wet your hands thoroughly using running water. The water temperature does not matter. Warm water may be more comfortable for you. Turn tap off after hands are wet.
2. Lather well. Some like a bar of soap and some of you prefer liquid soap. No need to use anti-bacterial soap any longer.
3. Rub and scrub your hands. Between the fingers, the top, sides and inside of your hands. Do not forget to clean under your fingernails. Do this for about 20 seconds or more. This step is important to remove germs. Count to (20), 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000 and so on until 20-1000 or sing a few bars of your favorite tune.
4. Rinse well. Use running water, not stagnant water in a basin if at all possible. You do not want to re-contaminate your hands.
5. Dry well. Use a hand dryer, paper or cloth towel. If using a cloth towel at home, please launder often.
If you want to know when to wash, use these suggestions from The Center for Disease Control.
· Before, during, and after preparing food
· Before eating food
· Before and after caring for someone who is sick
· Before and after treating a cut or wound
· After using the toilet
· After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
· After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
· After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
· After handling pet food or pet treats
· After touching garbage
Commit to use these practical hand washing tips in your life every day and pass them along especially to your co-workers and your children.